Thursday, October 1, 2015

What part of only Harley and Indian motorcycles and old skool customs don't you understand?

sO a week or so ago this lady and her dad come to the shop. Looking for the former occupant, but needing work, on her PT. Cruiser. So needing cash I thought I'd look into it and see what I could find out. Now there were several projects going on in front of this not scheduled service job, so it took a week to even get at it. The trouble she claimed was the car stalls on hard braking and when changing gears etc. All the time I had it I drove the little Cruiser all over Evanston, half way to Woodruff and home twice. Not one lick of a problem. Sure the cam inside the steering column that shuts off the turn signal needs replaced, but the tiny cruise ran fine for me. Richie my head tech drove it no problem. I checked fuel flow through the injectors, full preasure. Reached under the intake plastic, checked the wires, no problem fully tight. I went over the car and drove it to a parts house, checked the diagnostic port, still no fault codes. 
First I don't like working on newer cars, second I don't want new cars OR trucks in the shop, Hazzard County Choppers does two things, repair Harley and Indian motorcycles and We tow. Past that we build custom rides and hot rods. Not new PT Cruisers, or newer cars. Hazzard County Choppers is not a general service garage. I have told my crew this countless times. HCC is not a service garage we are an old fashioned Hot Rod shop, coupled with a bike shop. The only general public thing we do is tow. So I charged the gal our $40.00 examination fee, and sent her out the door. Sure enough she got home the car died. I told her ADD GASOLINE!! Her husband called kinda pissed , said he wouldn't come back to our shop. Fine, I want bikers and hot rod gearheads at the shop, not family grocery getters. Just as the sign says>
 not grocery getter new car or truck service. 
Just another day in the town Wyoming wants to forget.
TTYLY