Tuesday, December 22, 2015

HazzardAyre Radio is a surviver

In the years that I have been in radio and the media, I have seen imported and recorded and syndicated programs come and go. Some go because the host or main joc wants too much money to continue, some go because sponsorships go lame and some go because the content goes sour. Many others go because ratings went belly up, but its usually that the main joc gave up the gas, too much work, or something. However I can and do proudly say that HazzardAyre Radio, in one form or the other and under one or more titles, has endured from a silly 5 watt station on Spurlock Drive in Layton Utah at the tail end of the 1960's to 1975 when we went on with Long Haul Trucker Radio to 1989 one year before the Dukes came on with Dixie Diesel Trucker Radio, then emerging as a rising Pheenix in 2011 as it is now HazzardAyre Radio remains as it has always been the one radio show, be it LIVE, recorded, syndicated, the fight the system kick ass all things southern heritage and culture and as well as all things military flight, radio. Long before there was a Howard Stern and after WolfMan Jack, I was on air doing what censors crapped their jeans over.  Originally called HotWheels Radio aired then by no defunct radio station KNAK out of Utah, until the fateful day of relocation and reconstruction via my parents to Idaho. Then as it always is, and continues to be What now is HazzardAyre came on the air as Long Haul Trucker Radio. The only radio show west of the Mississippi with a overnight over the road truckers based radio show. in 1983 shortly after my Mom passed away, we fired up by we I mean, the RoadMasters Truckers Association, what was called Highway Hooker Radio, the only show on radio for those who tow, the only station in the nation dedicated to those trying to make and keep a buck driving a tow truck. Highway Hooker Radio still lives as one of the spin off sides of HazzardAyre Radio, www.livestream.com/highwayhookerradio , but the real magic happened in late 1985, a former joc from my days at the original KLIX AM 1310, out of Twin Falls Idaho and I got together and brought forth a thing we called Dixie Diesel Trucker Radio, trucker radio done Hazzard County style. While not perfected and my did we have a blast getting it there, Dixie Diesel Radio got its name after my light duty diesel repair shop that I named after one I saw going to the SEMA convention in Lost Wages Nevada the tiny truck service shop and tow service in Saint George Utah, called simply Dixie diesel service and towing. I did some rework on that handle, and in 1990 I opened the Dixie Diesel Shop. On Broadway Avenue in Blackfoot Idaho, next to the Artic Circle. A year later circumstances demanded my relocation to Murry Utah, where I got together with a fiesty Itallian named Tony Pistone , and his bright and nearly as radical as I , Tommy. Tommy and I one day, were cruising in a 82 Chevy ton and a half tow truck, when Tommy said I didn't customize a rig or ride, I Cooter-Ized it. Shortly after I opened Cooter's Kustmz. In West Valley Utah. Shortly after I took a time out away from my lady Janice, and was looking for other pastures, Remember cousin Bud was still in charge of the Montgomery Foundation, so it was important to be near him. So then I took a trip to Price Utah, I had heard that radio station KOAL AM there was running both Overdrive Trucker News and the Overdrive Countdown, plus Interstate Radio. Well a bit of Hazzard shuck and Jive, and I reopened Dixie Diesel Radio for 3 hours a week on weekends, it became THEIR number one radio show on weekends . I had a distaste for any kind of authority and as such the feller who managed KOAL and I decided it was time for me to bag it,. So In the process , The radio network dedicated to truckers called Interstate Trucker Radio Network was in bankruptcy.  So I did some talking with the RoadMasters as well as the Hazzard Knytes, and in 1995 we bought ITRN, and reformed it as the Dixie Diesel Trucker Radio Network. which ran until 2006 even here in dear sweet Evanston, Wyoming, I did the on air chores, Tammy Hunt did the ad sales and promotion and hiring, until her and her ah guy pal got into a mess over nose candy, here, so I moved to Burley, Idaho. Shortly after so did did she. Some time I'll tell you that one. But radio was on hold, Tammy had to put up the radio gear for a bond to get out of the can, so it sat here. Right down to my soiled undershorts. By mid year 2007 Tammy had left, I got a bullshit con offer to sell ad time for then TV station KPIF, with the idea, of the Knytes buying KPIF, but that didn't happen, the Korean lady who owned that station did not want to sell the station to a trucker/mc/air organization. By late 2007, I caught a path through Pocatello Idaho's cable access channel Vision 12. I started with one half hour show and ended up with 4 , 2, hour a day shows. Then I saw an ad for a flunkie job in Mountain Home Idaho, at a soon to be built, in Hammett Idaho. So I moved to Glenns Ferry Idaho. Over time equipment was purchased through a sale of some journal entries to a cat named Kurt Sutter, who you know as the creator of Sons of Anarchy. In mid year 2008, the Knytes decided to follow suit, and created an outlaw truckers group, called the Knytes-of-Anarchy. However everybody we came assumed to being a MC rather than a TC(Trucker Club). Early 2009 the cat that owned the place I resided in Glenn's Ferry went bankrupt, and due to a turf war, there I decided to move to Gooding. Shortly thereafter with the help of the second female ever to have membership with voting rights Mirinda, Dixie Diesel and AyreWolf FM went on the air. I finally got in with a crooked realtor with an office space for rent, and what was KTOW FM went on the air there. Featuring both Dixie Diesel, Hazzard County, AyreWolf and yes even SAMCRO Radio. Back then Highway Hooker Radio was the main show. by early 2010, due to some serious bull involving the United States Postal Service of Gooding Idaho. My radio gig was off but only sleeping. After not seeing SOA for one season, I caught light of a pad in Buhl Idaho, and through a long process, moved to Buhl. Before I go on, I must say this, both my lady producers I had in Gooding could never be either replaced or duplicated. Both Emme and Erin, did their jobs with precision. The crooked Realtor never really figured out what he lost until two years after. Strickland Realty pulled the plug that could have made him serious cash, but the old saying you can lead the mule to water but ya'll can't make it drink. By late year 2010 I was sleeping one night after I finally had recovered some of my radio gear, and was zapped in the middle of the night by Heavenly Father, with not only the title of the radio gig and network but how to construct it. By late year 2011, I had launched the published version of HazzardAyre News, and found the people and gathered them together in Burley and on February 3rd 2012, HazzardAyre Radio launched and nobody has looked back since. 
HazzardAyre Radio simply does it right, does it without fear of the politically correct and fights the system at every turn. 
Its ironic, it is being predicted that on our anniversary this year, that the near finished website and a total full gallon memorial site for all things Hazzard County, all things military aviation, all things bike and biker and yes what we started as both trucker and tow trucker. No matter what though, HazzardAyre has never gave up, nor has the club ever gave up on HazzardAyre. www.livestream.com/hazzardayre 
TTYLY