Monday, December 6, 2010

Broadcasting in Idaho

HCT 1_thumb Cooters blog signin

In Idaho, broadcasting either TV or Radio, is not one of those skills taught at area higher education facilities. That is one of those things that our media werx department is working on.

I tuned into KMVT-CH11’s Rise & Shine morning show. Not bragging but I did better on my hour long 4x’s a week cable access show in Pocatello. Heck I had no advertisers, although had Cable Access been allowed advertisers , I no doubt would have had some. The fact is, I pushed the envelope on what might be termed LDS rated decency. I gave my radical viewers what they wanted. Went from 1 time per week to 4 times a week, and brought viewers that normally did not watch Cable Access to Cable Access, heck I even had 3 bars in town that started to tune in.

Thing is; I shot all outside video, edited within an hour, did my own cgg , and cgi, wrote my own copy, and went on air, on time each time I was on air.

I was for all intents and purposes, trained by some of the best in the area. I walked into KART in Jerome Idaho at age 12, and while I left the industry by age 17, to go tow and fly, I have kept partly active as well. I learned from area broadcast veterans, as Kelly KLAUSE, Carl Raida, Phil Gray, Kelly Carlson to name a few. Went to the Ron Bailey Western School of Broadcasting, but I always developed my own on air style, one that is a bit too wyld even today by the more conservative of local area TV and Radio stations. That’s why in 1977 the Hazzard County Knytes Kustmz Association, (Now the Knytes-of-Anarchy) set up our own albeit outlaw, but our own station. When we began generating more ad revenue than local stations the FCC came calling, so we applied and got a station license . When I left shortly after my Moms passing in 1985 , the station went dark. That being that in 1997 we renewed the station , but military duty once again called me away. After I finally lit in 2009 back in the valley we as a club, went about putting the station back on the air. Thankfully the license is still valid, and with a studio relocation to Buhl, from Gooding we are now just weeks away from throwing the big switch. KDXB, FM 105.7 will go on the air with 250,000 watts FM. And will be the voice of not only the Knytes-of-Anarchy, the AyreWolvez Military Aviation Association, but of the Modern Confederacy, and will continue to be the one station that dares to fight the system. With all that said, I really, need to ask, why is it that KMVT has such a problem attracting really seasoned pros, for news anchors as well as studio techs? Hey its my opinion, that there is something holdin KMVT back from excelling . KMVT could be one hell of a powerhouse, but sadly is spooked by the believed boycott of LDS and religious conservatism owned business’s etc. But they do try. But if I couldn’t do better, I’d quit.

Next entry, the end of female talent searches by the Knytes, and Broadcast School 101.

L8R Rebels

HCC WINGS1 Cooters blog signin

John 10:14-15““I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
14 HazzTail_thumb

COOTERS TOEW AD HCC AD

SEASONS GREETINGS